Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Girl Bands





click on these photos for a better look!


Did South Korean nine-member girl band Girls’ Generation (fans usually refer to the group as SNSD, the acronym of the group's Korean name So Nyeo Shi Dae) just add another singer? The original members include (in order of official announcement) Yoona, Tiffany, Yuri, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, Seohyun, Taeyeon (the leader), Jessica, and Sunny. Kamie was a natural addition to make SNSD a ten-member girl group! After all with similar backgrounds through acting, DJ-ing, and modeling, wouldn’t Kamie be the perfect fit? Well, not really.

I am definitely NOT the tenth pickup to this adorable group. (There isn’t one.) But, haven’t you ever wished you could be in your own girl band? This is one dream that countless girls share. It has been my “castle in the sky” for decades. (Won’t tell you how many. Too shocking.) When I was 10, my sister and I would put on our own backyard variety shows and invited the neighbors to view our lip-syncing abilities. I would daydream endlessly about appearing on talk and variety shows. I practiced my responses as much as I would practice actually singing.

Today, I still practice, in my head of course, just what I will say when being interrogated on Oprah or Chelsea Lately. I begged my husband to buy me a Fender Hello Kitty Stratocaster guitar for my birthday and I intend on playing it. Sean and I even did this photoshoot to demonstrate that, at least aesthetically; I might just be a good fit. And maybe, just maybe, someday soon you will see me in my own girl band called Adelita.

Sources: Korean Arena Magazine
Contributors: Kamie Kahlo as stylist and model, Sean Watson as photographer

No comments:

Post a Comment