Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

My mother had her first child in the 50's. Back then she was a single mom. My father met her while stationed in Korea and fell in love with Tammy and her beautiful child, "Cuttie". She had this shot taken while at a department store and sent it to my father with a note in broken English on the back of the photo. What a lovely picture mother and child in similar dresses sharing the day together.

This is not an image that I felt I could recreate. Just too special. So Lil Star and I decided to make our own version of mother and child. We played Barbies and hammed it up for the camera, the puppies weren't being cooperative which made us laugh. Here's to all mothers and their beautiful babies, laughing together, dressing together, playing together and special days together!

No comments:

Post a Comment