Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Garage Sale Chic

click on this image for a closer look!

In the summer I scower the city for garage sales and it's rare that I would expect to find anything but my next knick-knack. A couple of weekends ago I scored some cute clothing purchases from an oh-so-typical hippie from Queen Anne. Under a mound of pilly tops, there it was, $2 for a great asian patterned tank! No pills on this one but the perfect amount of fading and stretched out cotton sung to me. I asked the girl if I could have it for $1.50 instead so that I could grab a coffee after. What an unexpected treasure. I wore it today with my F21 $2.50 tank top, seems like so much paleez, my skinny jeans, my new hooded sandals, a Tarina Tarantino wooden necklace and bracelet and hidden in the back of my closet was an old Kymio slat jacket that I ripped the shoulder pads out of. Funny how you can feel all new in something old.

No comments:

Post a Comment