Thursday, September 9, 2010

Music Break


Let's take a little music break. The girls at the boutique like to listen to a lot of Indie Pop and have inspired me to take another listen. It's not just the twenty-somethings that enjoy this division of alternative rock, Lil Star is an avid listener and I've been dabbling since it's inception in the 80's. Post-punk bands like Echo and the Bunnymen were an integral part of my album collection. I continue to pop on a vinyl Smith's album to this day. So while I was putting together my playlist on my computer, I included a couple of current Indie favorites like Beach House. This Baltimore band consists of native Alex Scally and French-born vocalist Victoria Legrand. Tonight I am listening to Zebra from their 3rd album, Teen Dream. Legrand's voice is indeed so dreamy that the band has been classified as "Dream Pop." You can get it here!


No comments:

Post a Comment