Sunday, March 20, 2011

Adelita Style 101: Test Shots

click on this image for a closer look!
styling 101

step 1 • organize your shot list, I drew cute little sketches
step 2 • dig in! set the stage for your "stars"
step 3 • when it's a big shoot, separate your items neatly and tag the shots
step 4 • pick a great photographer like David Bell from Studio 3, Inc.
step 5 • the perfect combination!

When you contact a photographer or they contact you to shoot for your portfolios this is called a "test." I keep busy with client work but whenever I get the chance, I set up my own test shoots! Seattle can be very conservative or at least my clients are, so it's important that I build my portfolio with photos that show off my skills. Booking the right photographer for the right shot is key. David Bell from Studio 3, Inc. is one of the best product guys I know. For this shoot we captured shoes and accessories in painted "boxes." I brought beautiful combinations from my closet and stores lent me handbags, shoes and jewelry. I asked David to coat panels in 3 different sheens of the same color of paint and we flipped them with each shot to get a different effect and reflection. Here we have pumps from shoedazzle.com and jewelry from Betsey Johnson. To see more go to my portfolio page on my website!

1 comment:

  1. Thankfully some bloggers can write. Thanks for this article!!!

    ReplyDelete