Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Missoni for Target: Revisited




I've never waited in line, fought or pushed and shoved for a chance at a piece of clothing and I'm not about to start. There is plenty to go around. Millions of designs, thousands of designers. So why or why ladies did you get up this morning at the crack of dawn so you could get to Target and get your Missoni on when EVERYONE will be wearing the SAME thing?

Sean and I arrived at around 9 a.m. Sure, I didn't want to pass up a chance to grab a little fools gold (aka Missoni-ala-Cheap) but what we saw was shocking! We saw NOTHING! Racks were bare, shelves were naked. Nothing but retail tumbleweeds under any signs that read Missoni. But plenty of shopping carts were full.
“Did you see that woman’s cart? OMG- so piled high with sweaters and skirts and scarves and something rubber!" I squealed. 
"Did I just see some kind of Kleenex box with Missoni print?" Sean asked "Do these ladies really think they are gonna fool anyone... with a Kleenex box?" 
"I'm definitely taking a picture of her basket... Wait... Did she just take a picture of her own basket?!"
"Damn, that one has her iPad out with the Target site on it! She's lookin for s*** online!"

We laughed all the way to the coffee shop!

Here's my tip to you all, my favorites, my darlings; If you can get your hot little hands on something from Target's Missoni line, try to make it as "neutral" as possible. I know, I know. It's Missoni, bright colors, zig-zag patterns. What could possibly be "neutral"? What I mean to say is, don't look like everyone else, and I do mean EVERYONE, try to find some pieces that won't scream TARGET Missoni!! Don’t pile it on. Pair it with your own style, your own unique take. And if you can’t, no worries. Just head to your beloved vintage store and look for the real thing. After what I saw today, I’d say your chances are better there.

No comments:

Post a Comment