Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Today's AdelitaStyle Self Portrait



click on a photo for a closer look!

Here I am in my little jewel box! I was asked to submit photos of this room to a great staging and design blog! How exciting!! Take a look at my submissions to OPENHOUSE STAGING. This work in progress required a lot of bravery. I started with the notion that I wanted a Tiffany Blue room, and really what girl doesn't, but the actual blue from the coveted box ended up looking like a bathroom, a very old bathroom. So back to my swatch book and there it was... BENJAMIN MOORE'S Mexicali Turquoise! When D started painting, my stomach ached. Was it too bold? Eeek! But once I layed out my cheetah rug, positioned the EBAY "Dorothy Draper" chest of drawers, my vintage dining table and those gorg bright orange upholstered chairs, I knew there was no turning back. I hung my collection of antlers, Lil Star's tattered black pointe shoes and that great oval mirror from who knows where. The silver chandelier from HOME DEPOT and garage sale gold sconces had to go, D took them outside and painted them glossy black. And the latest touch, I drew Cinderella and Alice silhouettes to hang beside the mirror. I am on the phone here asking for advise on how to unsew my black Chinoiserie curtains with colorful dragons, I will need a bigger pocket to fit the fat drapery pole that I resurrected from my boutique. It's all coming together. All this planning takes patience and a great outfit. I am wearing a VERONICA M dress, REPORT wedges, my gold hoopy, dangely earrings from FOREVER21 and a favorite TANO bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment