Monday, March 22, 2010

New Moon, Ancient Sun

"I reached the edge of the pool of light and stepped through the last fringe of ferns into the loveliest place I had ever seen. The meadow was small, perfectly round, and filled with wild flowers - violet, yellow, and soft white. Somewhere nearby, I could hear the bubbling music of a stream. The sun was directly overhead, filling the circle with a haze of buttery sunshine." Stephenie Meyer, Twilight
Beneath the living room window is a massive cowhide that we have named, "Lucky No. 7" because the brand for this particular bovine was, yes, the number 7. I often find the puppies sprawled out basking in the sun on it and this time I thought I would join them. Since we just rented, "New Moon" I am thinking of the field where Edward and Bella lay silent. From the amber color of my eyes you can see that I am channeling the vampire in me. If only my Edward were here. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment