Saturday, November 28, 2009

Today's AdelitaStyle Self Portrait

A couple of weekends ago festivities included a swell time at the Rendezvous' JewelBox Theater for the 6th ANNUAL V.V. CHALLENGE! This is my 3rd thriftstore fashion show charity challenge as a judge. This year's event charity was WHEEL, a great organization for homeless women here in Seattle. But don't let the serious nature of the charity fool you; This event is all about fun and frivolity! Contestants walked down the runway of the theatre in thriftstore finds like Pattern Man in his layers of animal print, plaid, stars and stripes. The lady of the evening "Tina Kardashian," the 6th sister, donned a fabulous black velvet floor-length gown with billowy gold lame sleeves, a froed-out pony tail wig and super dark sunglasses. My "date" for the evening Dana even won a prize for best sport. She dug into the grab bag of miscellaneous used clothing and came out looking super cute! All this thrifty madness is emceed by "Candy Cane" and her two man friends, Don and . I decided to join in the fun and wore my hair parted in piggy tails fastened by homemade large black pom poms, a TARINA TARANTINO anywhere flower clip in hot pink sparkled up my side part, TT's skull heart crystal necklace floated over my black l/s dress and leggings, neon hot pink and black ruffled leg warmers graced my sticks and it was demi point all night in my Mercedes tippy toe shoe boots from SHOEDAZZLE thanks to Tina's sister Kim Kardashian!

No comments:

Post a Comment